Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FHE: Utah State Fair

I don't know why I'm drawn to it, but I love paying 47 dollars for a corn dog at the State Fair. It's the local-ness of it all, you know? And the best day to go? We learned that when thunderstorms are threatening, no one wants to get wet. Lucky for us, it did not rain on our party. 

 Gloomy weather looming
 Some sort of fair representative
 Chili cheese fries just sounded soooooooooooooo good.
 Tyson did well at first. Good sport.
 Designated cancer lounge
 We saw pigs
 Cows
Sheep
 Goats
 Kara kind of did her own thing. 
 I made Rem take a picture of me and Tyson, since I am never in any pictures. Also I love to look at myself.
 Carter
 The spoiled Johnson kids got pony rides. 

 Well la-dee-da.
 I think this is as good a pony ride as any.
 The Johnson clan
 The Atwoods, in our glory.
 Here's about where we started to lose him.
The best way to end a night at the fair? 9 dollar lemonade of course.
But hey, it was fresh squeezed.
And I was pretty thirsty.
Also, cash is like monopoly money whenever I have some. 

Until next year State Fair. 

7 comments:

  1. So I thought I was looking at someone else's blog when I first started reading this and I saw the first picture of Rem and thought, "Hey! I wonder how they know Rem?" The multiple pictures of TRex gave it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to blog more. That was hilarious. Love Tyson's "new do" He looks so big. Also, I'm glad to hear that we aren't the only parents who wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for Jeremy to ride a pony at his age. You guys are terrible parents. just kidding...maybe. We need to chat soon. Oh, and how's getting fatter treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Utah state fair too! so fun. Hey, do you remember your roommate alisha and her husband brad? They are in our new ward in Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember Alisha! What a small world! Tell them we say hello, will ya?

      Hope things are going well in PA! You guys are awesome, we had so much fun with you last year in Orlando. If you ever get out this way let's hang out.

      Delete
  4. um so many things to say...

    1.rem looks a lot more amused than tyson with that creaapy state fair character.

    2.i like your striped shirt

    3.mom was right. i'm fat and you're still skinny. jerk.

    4.chilli cheese fries, tams?

    5.i guess i shouldn't talk. i'm the fat one.

    6.tyson's hair looks super short...it's cute...like a little boy haircut or something.

    7.i'm glad you let him touch the goat since you wouldn't let him ride the pony. the least you guys could do, i guess.

    8.i mean this in the most non creepy way ever...but rem looks super buff in your guys' family picture. holy crap...check out that arm!

    9.tyson's meltdown face is cute.

    10.you can't get over what i said about rem, can you? i didn't mean it to sound so creepy. but come one...hmmmmm (tams, you know the sound i'm making, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you had to make Rem take a picture with you in it. That's about how it goes in our family. For some reason I always get home and look and my camera and realize that by the pictures it doesn't even look like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish that we were there with you guys. Not that being here in the nice warm 120 degree weather is not super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete